How do you find out if games are cancelled?
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining.
Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
- Any signs of lightning
- An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
- Severe Cold Temperatures
- Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL’s website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits) and WJBC radio (1230 AM) & website, by 7:30am on game days.
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.
PCSL has created Facebook and Twitter accounts to better meet the League's needs and keep up with our ever growing mobile population of families within the League. Using Twitter is a good tool to use for instant notification. We will use our Twitter account to provide you with last minute updates regarding cancellations, field conditions, and other important League information.
You can take advantage of this in several ways:
1) Check the PCSL website! We have now added a "Live Twitter feed" on our website. As soon as updates are made on Twitter, they are instantly posted to the website at http://www.pcslsoccer.org.
2) Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/pcslsoccer.
3) Get updates (texts) on your cell phone by following us on Twitter. Just text "follow PCSLsoccer" to 40404.
4) Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PCSLsoccer. Follow our posts on our wall about upcoming events, cancellations, league information and even fun facts/quotes from time to time. Most importantly, any last minute updates we make on Twitter will automatically post to our Facebook page as well.