PCSL Expectations: Sideline Ethics
PCSL encourages participation in youth soccer for what it is-youngsters having fun. Coaches, parents and spectators should show only good adult behavior on the sidelines and act as role models for the younger players. Help create a positive soccer atmosphere. Influence your youngster's soccer experience by following these Sideline Ethics.
While at the complex...
- At U6, U7, & U8 parents/fans are not allowed to sit in between the two playing fields. Please find a place on the opposite side or at the ends of the fields to cheer on your player.
- At U9-High School, parents/fans are to sit on the opposite side of the field as the teams.
- Any player wearing a cast or splint may not participate in games or practices.
- PCSL Complex does not allow pets, smoking, or alcohol on the property
- Leave the fields free of trash.
- Drive slowly & cautiously while in the complex parking lot and do not park in the NO PARKING area along the entrance to the complex. There is plenty of parking throughout the Complex. Parking in the NO PARKING areas creates emergency & safety issues. Anyone parked in this area is subject to being towed.
Soccer is a fantastic game for fun, exercise, and athletic development. As a matter of fact, soccer provides a means for your young player to acquire athletic skills for other sports as well-skills such as balance, speed, coordination, agility, fitness and other vital components. In this regard, we at PCSL are constantly trying to find ways to improve our communication with you and give material that we hope you find useful for the enjoyment and development of your son or daughter.
The new Prairie Cities Soccer League Parent's Manual has been developed to help you with this. Included in the manual:
- How to help support your child and coach
- What to expect during your child's development
- Learn about PCSL's approach to player development
At the end of the manual, there is a great article, 10 Ways Parents Can Support Their Child, which includes ideas to help your child grow as an athlete and a person. Please check out the Prairie Cities Soccer League Parent's Manual today!