Current policy on masks for the Fall 2021 season
PCSL is following current IDPH & CDC recommendations as of 8/11/2021:
IDPH All Sports Policy 8/11/2021
Outdoors- Regardless of vaccination status, individuals may engage in training, competition, and other active exercise without wearing a mask for all sports played outdoors. Spectators who are not fully vaccinated should wear a mask in attendance at outdoor youth sports events if unable to maintain recommended physical distance of at least 6 feet from non-household members.
Indoors - For sports played indoors, individuals aged two years and older who can medically tolerate a mask, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask and maintain physical distancing to the extent possible. All spectators, regardless of vaccination status, should wear a mask in attendance at indoor youth sports events.
*Please note that this policy is subject to change at any time as recommendations and guidelines are continually changing. The FC Central Illinois Board will strive to keep up with the recommendations of our local health officials as we make decisions on policy.
While at the PCSL Complex...
- At U9-High School, parents/fans are to sit on the opposite side of the field as the teams.
- PCSL Complex does not allow pets, smoking, or alcohol on the property
- Leave the fields free of trash.
- Drive slowly & cautiously while in the complex parking lot and do not park in the NO PARKING area along the entrance to the complex. There is plenty of parking throughout the Complex. Parking in the NO PARKING areas creates emergency & safety issues. Anyone parked in this area is subject to being towed.
While at Game Time Gym...
- Please have your players arrive no more than 15 min. prior to your game time. This will help to control the in & out process and help to cut down on congestion between games.
- The field closest to the entrance is FIELD #1. All U7 games are on FIELD #1. All U8 games are on FIELD #2.
- Please remind your player to not sit or climb on the inflatable divider.
- Seating is available all around fields. There is also an upstairs viewing area where spectators can sit for FIELD #1.
- Players and spectators should wear a mask while indoors at Game Time Gym. Per IDPH sports guidance: For sports played indoors, individuals aged two years and older who can medically tolerate a mask, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask and maintain physical distancing to the extent possible. All spectators, regardless of vaccination status, should wear a mask in attendance at indoor youth sports events. Sports Safety Guidance | IDPH (illinois.gov)
PCSL Expectations: Sideline Ethics
PCSL encourages participation in youth soccer for what it is-youngsters having fun. Coaches, parents and spectators should show only good adult behavior on the sidelines and act as role models for the younger players. Help create a positive soccer atmosphere. Influence your youngster's soccer experience by following these Sideline Ethics.
Soccer is a fantastic game for fun, exercise, and athletic development. As a matter of fact, soccer provides a means for your young player to acquire athletic skills for other sports as well-skills such as balance, speed, coordination, agility, fitness and other vital components. In this regard, we at PCSL are constantly trying to find ways to improve our communication with you and give material that we hope you find useful for the enjoyment and development of your son or daughter.
The new Prairie Cities Soccer League Parent's Manual has been developed to help you with this. Included in the manual:
- How to help support your child and coach
- What to expect during your child's development
- Learn about PCSL's approach to player development
At the end of the manual, there is a great article, 10 Ways Parents Can Support Their Child, which includes ideas to help your child grow as an athlete and a person. Please check out the Prairie Cities Soccer League Parent's Manual today!
How do you find out if games are cancelled?
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining.
Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
Any signs of lightning
An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
Severe Cold Temperature
Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL's website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits) and WJBC radio (1230 AM) & website, by 7:30am on game days.
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.
**When weather requires additional clothing, it is to be worn under the uniform, including the socks