|Thank you for those of you that attended the All Club Meeting Tuesday night at the Corn Crib. We had a great turnout despite the weather, and wanted to communicate the details shared at the meeting for those that could not attend, as well as a few of the Questions and Answers from the meeting.
Tim Koch, Club President shared information about our new Club partnerships and the changes with Illinois Fire Juniors. As we look to the future of our Club, we will continue to explore options that provide for our players, coaches and parents with the best options for player development. Tim also announced that we would be hosting tournaments on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends, with the next tournament to take place on the lighted turf fields in Rantoul, IL this Labor Day weekend.
Jeremy Kelly, Club shared that we will have more information on the fields/soccer complex in the coming weeks.
Mike Matkovich, our Sporting Director shared the following highlights from 2021:
· January 2021 hired Sporting Director, Mike Matkovich, in addition to Director of Coaching, Brendon Boucaud, and Director of Methodology, Gabriel Carreno.
· March 2021 announced the affiliation agreement with Eclipse Select Soccer Club to form Eclipse Select Central Illinois. Six girls teams will compete in the ECNL program.
· March 2021 formed our technical committee who has been working with coaching staff to further their coaching education, as well as developing our Fall 2021 club curriculum.
· April 2021 hired Director of Operations, Natalie Freeman. Named Tournament Director, Sarah Parola.
· April 2021 announced the merge with Peoria FC United and SASA to become part of Central Illinois United (CIU) on the boys side.
· Announcing soon: hiring of an Assistant Director of Coaching, and a PSCL Technical Director.
· Board restructure and formation of a working committee to include sponsorships and fundraising.
· Creation of a year-round program starting Fall 2021 which will include a soon to be announced indoor training home field.