We are looking forward to PCSL's 40th Year Celebration! Match schedules have been adjusted on Saturday, May 4 to allow players & families to take part in PCSL's celebration of 40 years of providing youth recreational soccer in the community.
We are proud to be one of the largest recreational soccer leagues in the nation, and strive to continue working as a tremendous community organization serving our youth!
None of this would happen without our coaches, team parents, board members, referees and office staff! One would never guess that this well-organized and successful league would have begun as an idea discussed over coffee more than 40 years ago. This meeting between Jack Fowler and Joe Miller back in 1978 led to the creation of Prairie Cities Soccer League, and Joe was elected as the first PCSL president.
We invite and encourage all of you to attend and participate in the celebration!
Numerous activities and events will take place from 10:30am – 1:30pm on May 4th that you won’t want to miss! Below is a list of some of the festivities planned for the day.
- Representatives and coaches from the Chicago Fire Soccer Club
- Sparky, the Chicago Fire mascot will make an appearance
- Chicago Fire Engine 97, Speed shot, Soccer Tennis, Bags, Fusbol and a giveaway tent will also be present
- Little Sparks Camp for ages 3-6 hosted by the Chicago Fire
- Local radio DJ penalty shot contest and goalie experience
- Representative from the City of Bloomington and Town of Normal including a press conference
- The first ever league wide photo will be taken from the air
- Alumni Game
- Food trucks
- Local College Soccer Teams
Keep an eye out for future communications with more details on this 40 year celebration. Please pass the word along to neighbors, family, friends and co-workers. We want this to be a community-wide celebration and can’t wait to see you there!
How do you find out if games are cancelled?
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining.
Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
- Any signs of lightning
- An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
- Severe Cold Temperatures
- Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL’s website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits) and WJBC radio (1230 AM) & website, by 7:30am on game days.
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.
PCSL has created Facebook and Twitter accounts to better meet the League's needs and keep up with our ever growing mobile population of families within the League. Using Twitter is a good tool to use for instant notification. We will use our Twitter account to provide you with last minute updates regarding cancellations, field conditions, and other important League information.
You can take advantage of this in several ways:
1) Check the PCSL website! We have now added a "Live Twitter feed" on our website. As soon as updates are made on Twitter, they are instantly posted to the website at http://www.pcslsoccer.org.
2) Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/pcslsoccer.
3) Get updates (texts) on your cell phone by following us on Twitter. Just text "follow PCSLsoccer" to 40404.
4) Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PCSLsoccer. Follow our posts on our wall about upcoming events, cancellations, league information and even fun facts/quotes from time to time. Most importantly, any last minute updates we make on Twitter will automatically post to our Facebook page as well.