Thank you to all coaches who attended the Fall PCSL Coach Meetings on Monday, Aug. 7!
If you could not attend, please be sure to stop by the PCSL office to pick up your coach folder ASAP!
Fall 2023/ Spring 2024 Season
All coach volunteers for the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 season, please register by clicking the button below.
To be considered as a coach volunteer, complete the Coach/Asst. Coach Volunteer Registration 2023-2024 for the upcoming 2023-2024 soccer season. In addition, you must complete & send the PCSL office the IYSA Emergency Medical Release & Liability Waiver. Additional requirements include a background screening, Safesport certification and CDC concussion training. You will receive an email indicated if the additional requirements are needed.
For your Calendar:
U7-High School Divisions
Practices can begin August 14
Fall 2023 Season Games: Aug. 26, Sept. 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7
Coach Resource Links:
U7-U10 practice plans:
U12-HS practice plans:
Tips for the First-Time Coach from the Positive Coaching Alliance
Uniform shirts can only be purchased online through the online store. There are also other soccer essentials offered (shorts, socks, spirit wear, ball) that can be purchased as well. All online orders will be delivered directly to your home. Player Online Store
Uniforms are NOT required for U5 & U6.
Required PCSL Uniform:
- PCSL shirts - 1 royal blue, 1 gold (purchase online only)
- Shorts - 1 royal blue (purchase online or locally)
- Sock - 1 royal blue (purchase online or locally)
- Shin Guards (purchase online or locally)
- Soccer cleats/athletic shoes (purchase locally)
Looking for PCSL coach gear? Check out the new Online Coach Store!
PCSL Coaching Requirements
To make this the best possible experience for the players, coaches, and parents, there are a few things that PCSL requires of Coaches to complete each year:
- Register as a Volunteer Coach
- Successfully complete a volunteer background check
- Successfully complete the US Olympic Committee SafeSport training Sexual Abuse Awareness Training
- Successfully complete the CDC Heads Up Concussion training
- Attend the mandatory Coach Meetings at the start of Fall season
- Complete the IYSA Emergency Medical Release & Liability Waiver (updated June 2022) and submit to the PCSL office.
How do you find out if games are cancelled?
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining. Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
- Any signs of lightning
- An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
- Severe Cold Temperature
- Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL's website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits).
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.
**When weather requires additional clothing, it is to be worn under the uniform, including the socks