How do you find out if games are cancelled?
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining.
Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
- Any signs of lightning
- An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
- Severe Cold Temperature
- Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL's website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits) and WJBC radio (1230 AM) & website, by 7:30am on game days.
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.
Coach Resource Links:
Tips for the First-Time Coach from the Positive Coaching Alliance
Fact Sheets U6-HS
For those coaches looking to further their coaching education we offer the Illinois Youth Soccer Coaches Club which offers year round coaching education events, lesson plans & more. Join here: http://www.illinoisyouthsoccer.org/coaches-home/illinois-youth-soccer-coaches-club
PCSL Coaching Requirements
To make this the best possible experience for the players, coaches, and parents, there are a few things that PCSL requires of Coaches:
- Register as a Volunteer Coach
- Successfully complete a volunteer background check (link will be sent via email once you complete registration)
- Successfully complete the US Olympic Committee SafeSport training Sexual Abuse Awareness Training and submit a copy of their Certificate of Completion to the PCSL office. This training is for all persons that have contact with athletes and is valid for 2 years. (link will be sent via email once you complete registration)
- Attend the mandatory Coach Meetings at the start of Fall season
- Complete the IYSA Medical Release and Liability Waiver each year and submit to the office.
Fall 2018/Spring 2019 Season
Registration for the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 season begins February 1.
Volunteers who wish to coach for this new season will need to register here as a coach volunteer by clicking below.