Fall 2018/Spring 2019 Coaches -
THANK YOU for giving your time and talents to the children of PCSL. It is because of you we have such a successful program!
Please keep your equipment over the winter. Equipment turn in will be at the end of the spring season.
Team rosters will remain the same for the spring season (minus any fall only players on your roster). Please check with your team now to make sure all are planning to return and let us know of any changes to your roster. In February, please check again, as the spring season nears, so we can update rosters & place players from our spring waiting list onto teams with openings.
Spring season dates:
Spring Match Schedules will be posted in March
How do you find out if games are cancelled?
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining.
Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
- Any signs of lightning
- An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
- Severe Cold Temperature
- Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL's website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits) and WJBC radio (1230 AM) & website, by 7:30am on game days.
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.
Coach Resource Links:
Tips for the First-Time Coach from the Positive Coaching Alliance
Fact Sheets U6-HS
For those coaches looking to further their coaching education we offer the Illinois Youth Soccer Coaches Club which offers year round coaching education events, lesson plans & more. Join here: http://www.illinoisyouthsoccer.org/coaches-home/illinois-youth-soccer-coaches-club
PCSL Coaching Requirements
To make this the best possible experience for the players, coaches, and parents, there are a few things that PCSL requires of Coaches:
- Register as a Volunteer Coach
- Successfully complete a volunteer background check (link will be sent via email once you complete registration)
- Successfully complete the US Olympic Committee SafeSport training Sexual Abuse Awareness Training and submit a copy of their Certificate of Completion to the PCSL office. This training is for all persons that have contact with athletes and is valid for 2 years. (link will be sent via email once you complete registration)
- Attend the mandatory Coach Meetings at the start of Fall season
- Complete the IYSA Medical Release and Liability Waiver each year and submit to the office.
Spring 2019 Season
New coach volunteers for the Spring 2019 season, please register below.
Fall 2019/ Spring 2020 Season
All coach volunteers for the Fall 2019/Spring 2019 season, please register below.