Referees - Spring 2022
Spring 2022 Referee Training
New & Returning Referees,
We’re looking forward to the Spring 2022 season. First games of the season begin on April 2!
There are several sessions planned, both virtual and in-person, to help referees start off on the right foot for the spring season. We encourage you to attend all training opportunities! Dates, description and sign up links are below:
- January 29 Referee Virtual Training, 10am-11am, sign up required, meeting link will be provided upon sign up.
Topic: Law changes, IFAB App, Resources
- February 19 Referee Virtual Training, 10am-11am, sign up required, meeting link will be provided upon sign up.
Topic: Restarts and Signals. GET IT RIGHT!
- March 5 In-Person Spring Referee Clinic, 9am-1pm, Training and Performance Center (TPC), 1111 Trinity Lane, Bloomington. This training is required (or a completed & current USSF Grassroots or higher certification) of all referees to attend be scheduled for matches this spring season.
- March 6 In-Person Referee Field Session, 7:30pm-8:30pm, Game Time Gym, 404 Olympia Dr, Bloomington. Sign up is required.
- March 19 In-person Referee Field Session, 9am-10am, Game Time Gym, 404 Olympia Dr, Bloomington. Sign up is required.
All trainings will be conducted by PCSL’s Referee Director, Jason Willey. There is no fee associated with any of trainings. For the in-person training and field sessions, please wear a mask.
In addition to the trainings, all spring referees MUST complete the following:
- Register as a Referee Referee Registration for Fall 2021/Spring 2022, if you have not already done so in the fall 2021 season.
- Complete & turn in 2 signed copies of the Illinois Youth Soccer Association Emergency Medical Release & Liability Waiver on the day of the training or to the PCSL office by March 11, 2022, if you have not already done so in the fall 2021 season.
- Complete & turn in 1 signed copy of the Illinois Youth Soccer Association Communicable Disease Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement on the day of training or to the PCSL office by March 11, 2022, if you have not already done so in the fall 2021 season.
- Complete & turn in the Referee Avail. Form - Spring 2022Form to the PCSL office by March 11, 2022.
*If you are over 18, there will be additional requirements to complete. You will be contacted individually with info/instructions.
*Age Requirement: To become a PCSL referee, you must be 12 yrs of age or older. To obtain your USSF Grassroots certification, you must be 13 yrs of age or older.
Have a Referee Question? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Important info. & links for Referees :
Fact Sheets for U6-HS Age Divisions:
*Please join us by congratulating Jason Willey, our Referee Director!*
Jason was selected by the Midwest Referee Advisory Committee by our state referee association to represent them at either Presidents Cup or the Midwest Region Championships as a referee mentor. He is among a select group of individuals from our state that has earned the privilege and opportunity to represent our state at the Midwest Region Championships. Similar to the teams, opportunities to be selected to represent the MW Region are available based on referee performance.
Way to go Jason!
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining.
Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
- Any signs of lightning
- An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
- Severe Cold Temperature
- Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL's website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits) and WJBC radio (1230 AM) & website, by 7:30am on game days.
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.