*Please join us by congratulating Jason Willey, our Referee Director!*
Jason was selected by the Midwest Referee Advisory Committee by our state referee association to represent them at either Presidents Cup or the Midwest Region Championships as a referee mentor. He is among a select group of individuals from our state that has earned the privilege and opportunity to represent our state at the Midwest Region Championships. Similar to the teams, opportunities to be selected to represent the MW Region are available based on referee performance.
Way to go Jason!
Referees - Fall 2021
Fall 2021 Season
In order to referee for PCSL for the fall 2021 season, all new and returning referees, need to attend an In-Person PCSL Referee Training. This training is scheduled for Saturday, August 7, 2021 from 8am-1:30pm at the Training and Performance Center. Sign up is required. Please sign up here.
All trainings will be conducted by PCSL’s Referee Director, Jason Willey. There is no fee associated with the trainings.
In addition to training, all referees must complete the following:
- Complete & turn in 2 copies of the Illinois Youth Soccer Association Emergency Medical Release & Liability Waiver on the day of the training or to the PCSL office by Aug. 13, 2021.
- Complete & turn in 1 copy of the Illinois Youth Soccer Association Communicable Disease Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement on the day of training or to the PCSL office by Aug. 13, 2021.
- Complete & turn in the Referee Avail. Form Fall 2021 Form to the PCSL office by Aug. 13, 2021.
*If you are over 18, there will be additional requirements to complete. You will be contacted individually with info/instructions.
*Age Requirement: To become a PCSL referee, you must be 12 yrs of age or older. To obtain your USSF Grassroots certification, you must be 13 yrs of age or older.
Referees - Spring 2022
Info coming soon!
Have a Referee Question? email email@example.com
Important info. & links for Referees :
Fact Sheets for U6-HS Age Divisions:
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining.
Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
- Any signs of lightning
- An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
- Severe Cold Temperature
- Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL's website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits) and WJBC radio (1230 AM) & website, by 7:30am on game days.
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.