Referees Fall 2020/Spring 2021
There will be a PCSL Referee Training prior to the Fall season for all returning referees and new referees was July 18. Check back for the spring season referee training info. as we get closer to the spring season.
The following referee requirements must be completed in order to referee this Fall 2020/Spring 2021 season:
* Attend the PCSL Fall Referee Training at the Training and Performance Center (TPC), 1111 Trinity Lane, Bloomington, IL 61704. Sign up is required. Sign up here.
* Register as a Referee for Fall 2020/Spring 2021.
* Complete & turn in 2 copies of the IYSA Emergency Medical Release & Liability Waiver to the PCSL office.
* Complete & turn in 1 copy of the IYSA Communicable Disease Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement to the PCSL office.
* Complete & turn in the AVAILABILITY FORM-fall 2020 to the PCSL office.
*If you are over 18, there will be additional requirements to complete. You will be contacted individually with info/instructions.
If you have any questions please contact Pam Bauman, PCSL League Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 451-GOAL(4625).
*Age Requirement: To become a PCSL referee, you must be 12 yrs of age or older. If an official is 13 yrs or younger, according to IL Labor Law guidelines, their parent and/or guardian will need to be at match as well.
Have a Referee Question? email email@example.com
Important info. & links for Referees :
Fact Sheets for U6-HS Age Divisions:
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining.
Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
- Any signs of lightning
- An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
- Severe Cold Temperature
- Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL's website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits) and WJBC radio (1230 AM) & website, by 7:30am on game days.
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.