Referees Spring 2021
We are excited to announce our new Referee Development Program. Whether you are a returning referee or interested in becoming a PCSL referee, we invite you to join our virtual meetings that will be held monthly to learn all about it and get valuable training needed to referee for PCSL and beyond. (see current meeting invite below)
The Referee Development Program will create an environment and process where Referees are assisted in developing their knowledge and skills to contribute to a safe, fair and enjoyable soccer experience for our teams.
The program will include training, continuing education, developing/improving performance, retaining and recruiting Referees. It will accelerate the development for all of our Referees by providing increased levels and opportunities for training and multiple levels of on-field mentoring.
The Referee Development Program has launched it's webinar series. In case you missed the Dec. or Jan. meeting, the videos can be found at:
Dec. 2, 2020 Meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7fcJ4mwH-M.
Jan. 21, 2021 Meeting: https://youtu.be/Qf5dzAMg2nw
Spring 2021 Season
Since our region has now moved to Phase 4, we are excited that we can get back to a more “normal” season this Spring 2021. Although there are mitigations that we need to comply with, this Spring 2021 Season, PCSL WILL be able to have games and referees.
In order to referee for PCSL for the spring 2021 season, all new and returning referees, need to attend an In-Person PCSL Referee Training. This training is scheduled for Saturday, March 6 from 8am-3pm at the Training and Performance Center (TPC), 1111 Trinity Lane, Bloomington. Due to COVID guidelines and requirements for TPC, masks are required to be worn while in the building. Lunch will be provided (gondolas, chips, cookies, water). This training is required of all referees to be scheduled for matches this spring season.
- In-Person PCSL Referee Training (Required): Saturday, March 6 from 8am-3pm. To sign up, click HERE.
In addition to the required in-person training on March 6, there are two additional referee events we'd want you to attend:
- On-Field Training: Saturday, March 13 from 2pm-3pm at the PCSL Complex. To sign up for March 13, click HERE.
- Virtual Training: Saturday, March 20 from 10am-12pm. To sign up for March 20, click HERE.
All trainings will be conducted by PCSL’s Referee Director, Jason Willey. There is no fee associated with the trainings.
In addition to training, all referees must complete the following:
- Complete & turn in 2 copies of the Illinois Youth Soccer Association Emergency Medical Release & Liability Waiver on the day of the training or to the PCSL office by Monday, March 15.
- Complete & turn in 1 copy of the Illinois Youth Soccer Association Communicable Disease Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement on the day of training or to the PCSL office by Monday, March 15.
- Complete & turn in the Spring 2021 Referee Availability Form to the PCSL office by Monday, March 15.
*If you are over 18, there will be additional requirements to complete. You will be contacted individually with info/instructions.
*Age Requirement: To become a PCSL referee, you must be 13 yrs of age or older.
Have a Referee Question? email email@example.com
Important info. & links for Referees :
Fact Sheets for U6-HS Age Divisions:
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining.
Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
- Any signs of lightning
- An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
- Severe Cold Temperature
- Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL's website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits) and WJBC radio (1230 AM) & website, by 7:30am on game days.
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.