Referees - Fall 2022
Interested in becoming a referee this Fall or continuing to referee for PCSL?
- Register as a Referee for the upcoming fall 2022/spring 2023 soccer season.
- Complete & submit signed copies of the IYSA Emergency Medical Release & Liability Waiver (updated June 2022) to the PCSL office. Form needs to have either an original hand signature or a certified digital signature to be valid.
- Complete and turn in a Referee Availability Form-Fall 2022 to the office.
- Attend the following Fall 2022 Referee Trainings. Dates, description and sign up links are below:
- Fall Referee Clinic, August 6, 9am-1pm, Integrity Technology Solutions, 816 S Eldorado Rd # 4, Bloomington, IL 61704. This training is REQUIRED of all referees to attend to be scheduled for fall matches (or a completed & current USSF Grassroots or higher certification). Sign up is required. Sign Up Here
Important info. & links for Referees :
Guidelines for U9-HS Age Divisions:
*Please join us by congratulating Jason Willey, our Referee Director!*
Jason was selected by the Midwest Referee Advisory Committee by our state referee association to represent them at either Presidents Cup or the Midwest Region Championships as a referee mentor. He is among a select group of individuals from our state that has earned the privilege and opportunity to represent our state at the Midwest Region Championships. Similar to the teams, opportunities to be selected to represent the MW Region are available based on referee performance.
Way to go Jason!
Please do not call the PCSL office on rainy, overcast or cold days to inquire about cancellation of league games. We do not cancel merely because it's raining.
Games are played except when the following conditions exist:
- Any signs of lightning
- An issued Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- An issued Tornado Watch or Warning
- Severe Cold Temperature
- Any other severe weather condition the PCSL Board of Directors considers would endanger our players or volunteers.
Announcements of league cancellations will be announced on the PCSL's website, Twitter account, Facebook page, through email (if timing permits) and WJBC radio (1230 AM) & website, by 7:30am on game days.
Often times, a severe storm will roll in mid-way through the day. For Game time cancellation decisions, as soon as possible, the website, Twitter & Facebook will be updated, league emails will be sent (if timing permits) and WJBC notified. We rely on coaches to help spread the word to their team parents.